EDMW Cheongster Club

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
EDMW Cheongster Club

EDMW Cheongsters Club

2 posters

Plex Video Sharing Hub

Admin
    Admin

Plex Video Sharing Hub Empty Plex Video Sharing Hub

Post by Admin Wed Mar 19, 2014 11:26 am

Plex organizes all personal media, no matter where its kept, so it can be accessed on any screen.[1] It is a media player system and software suite consisting of a player application with a 10-foot user interface and an associated media server that organizes personal media stored on local devices. It is available for Mac OS X, Linux, and Microsoft Windows.[2] Plex also offers streaming apps for Roku and Chromecast.[3] Integrated Plex Channels provide users with access to a growing number of online content providers such as YouTube, Vimeo, TEDTalks, and CNN among others.[4] Plex also provides integration for cloud services[5] including Dropbox, Box, Google Drive, Copy and Bitcasa.[6]
    Plex's frontend media player, Plex Home Theater (formerly Plex Media Center[7]), allows the user to manage and play video, photos, music, and podcasts from a local or remote computer running Plex Media Server. In addition, the integrated Plex Online service provides the user with a growing list of community-driven plugins for online content including Hulu, Netflix, and CNN video.[8]
    Before the release of the closed source Plex Home Theater in November 2013,[7] Plex Media Center's source code was initially forked from XBMC Media Center on May 21, 2008; this fork is still used today as a front end media player on Linux for Plex's media server backend media host component.[8][9][10] Plex Media Server, unlike the open source frontend, is proprietary software.

In short we can use plex to share our library of videos Smile

Interested users to get my plex library can add your email address here, I will share it to you guys.
    And in return I hope u can share yours here too.

Just reply with your email address, if you have a vid library to share, u can invite the members here too.

Thanks
    fidelity

Plex Video Sharing Hub Empty Re: Plex Video Sharing Hub

Post by fidelity Thu Apr 10, 2014 5:32 pm

Currently setting up Plex on my NAS, I'll PM you the details once I figure it out.

Current date/time is Tue May 14, 2024 10:17 am